Lawrence Memorial Hospital:
- Located in historic Lawrence, Kansas
- Level III Trauma Center
- 27 Bed ED, 160 Bed Hospital (ICU 10)
- Excellent specialty and sub-specialty support
LEMA, in conjunction with Lawrence Memorial Hospital carry the following clinical awards:
- Top 100 Hospitals - Truven Health Analytics
- 100 Great Community Hospitals - Becker's Hospital Review
- Most Wired by Hospitals and Health Networks
- 2nd highest tPA delivery in Kansas
- Fall 2015-2016 average door to needle time: 61 minutes
- Equipped with resuscitation bays, ICU, cardiac cath lab, trauma team, stroke care
- Home of the University of Kansas Jayhawks
- Amazing community life, living, activities, sports
- Low cost of living
- Easy access to excellent restaurants, golf courses, shopping and outdoor activities.
In addition to daily clinical care activities, LEMA serves as the University of Kansas Men's Basketball and Football game physicians, providing first aid services to sports fans.
Education & SHADOWING
With high-yield medical and traumatic acuity in an excellent learning environment, LEMA embraces education of medical students and second year EM residents as the community medicine site for the University of Kansas Medical Center, in addition to an active college student shadowing program.
LEMA provides volunteer services, public education programs, and charitable support to local communities.