Lawrence Memorial Hospital:
- Located in historic Lawrence, Kansas
- Level III Trauma Center
- 27 Bed ED, 160 Bed Hospital (ICU 10)
- Excellent specialty and subspecialty support
LEMA, in conjunction with Lawrence Memorial Hospital carry the following clinical awards:
- Top 100 Hospitals - Truven Health Analytics
- 100 Great Community Hospitals - Becker's Hospital Review
- Most Wired by Hospitals and Health Networks
- 2nd highest tPA delivery in Kansas
- Fall 2015-2016 avergage door to needle time: 61 minutes
- Equipped with resuscitation bays, ICU, cardiac catheterization lab, trauma team, stroke care
- Home of the University of Kansas Jayhawks
- Amazing community life, living, activities, sports
- Low cost of living
- Easy access to excellent restaurants, golf courses, shopping
In addition to daily clinical care activities, LEMA serves as the University of Kansas Men's Basketball and Football game physicians, providing first aid services to sports fans.
Education & SHADOWING
With high-yield medical and traumatic acuity in an excellent learning environment, LEMA embraces education of medical students and residents as an adjunct site for the University of Kansas Medical Center, in addition to an active college student shadowing program.
LEMA provides volunteer services, public education programs, and charitable support to local communities.